Welcome to Class 3
On our page you will find class and curriculum information as well as weekly learning reviews. Remember check every week for updates!
Class 3 Staff
Teacher: Miss Latter
Teaching Partner: Miss Dean, Mrs Sharpe and Mrs Smith
To find out a bit more about life in year 3, please refer to the 'Meet the teacher' powerpoint below:
Welcome to Class 3!
It’s been a very busy but fun week:
- In Maths, we have been looking at doubles and the connection between the 2 times table and the 4 times table. We have been using a lot of resources to support this.
- In English, we have finished our story Gregory Cool and we wrote in the first person doing a diary entry from Gregory, writing about how our emotions changed from not wanting to be in Tobago, to totally falling in love with the place. We then wrote our own recounts of a journey we may have been on that we didn’t enjoy at first but by the end of our journey we did.
- We have reflected on what we have learnt in Science, looking at magnets and their fields. As well as testing different objects around the classroom to see if they are magnetic.
- In Art, we made some roman clay pots that we will paint next week. We also did some laminate carving to create some repeating patterns for some wrapping paper the children can take home next week.
- The children finished their History projects and brought in their Home Learning, I was amazed at what the children produced! Well done Class 3.
The children gave an outstanding performance in our production this week, I was absolutely amazed and so proud of them all.
We won’t be having PE next week, the children will be bringing home their PE kits but please bring back (Full kit, labelled) in January as we will be having PE again on Mondays and Wednesday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Here you will find details of any weekly opportunities and the home learning menu. Remember that the children should be reading every day and recording this in their School Planners.
No spellings for Christmas!
No Fluency for Christmas!
Here is the reading menu for this term. They are for the children to work on at home and in school. If they complete a line or four corners, they get a bookmark/sticker and once they complete a full house they get to choose a book from Mrs Hard's special box. We ask parents to sign to show that they have completed the challenge.
We hope to encourage a wide reading diet and to support the children in reading daily and developing a good stamina for reading in order to complete the whole menu by Christmas.