Welcome to Class 3
On our page you will find class and curriculum information as well as weekly learning reviews. Remember check every week for updates!
Class 3 Staff
Teacher: Miss Latter
Teaching Partner: Miss Dean, Mrs Sharpe and Mrs Smith
To find out a bit more about life in year 3, please refer to the 'Meet the teacher' powerpoint below:
Welcome to Class 3!
What a busy week:
- In Maths, we have continued to use tricks to solve different times tables, making Maths easy!
- In English, we read more of our book Gorilla by Anthony Browne. The children loved the illustration and had a great laugh. We thought about Hannah's emotions and how they change throughout the story.
- In PE, we had another basketball lesson by Mr Moth and he was so impressed with how well the children have picked up the skills. The children worked on moving the basketball around the playground and then they had a little game at the end. The children did really well.
- In RE, we looked at the different representations people draw and paint of a baptism. We looked at the differences and similarities of the images and that all have an image of a man getting baptised and a dove. We then drew our own pictures of what we thought a Baptism means. We found out that the Trinity means the Father, Son and the Holy spirit. Christians today, like they did in Bible times, believe that when they get baptised, they become a new person, someone who has ‘washed’ away their old life and all the things that have done wrong.
- In French, we played lots of games recapping our knowledge of different body parts and days of the week. We started learning how to count to 20 in French, I was very impressed with how well the children picked this up and how some children already knew this.
On Friday, we had our class assembly, all week the children have been prepping and organising what they want to show and say. They have been very independent and mature. The children have worked so well together and I was so proud of all their hard work. It was a brilliant assembly and they all did a fantastic job!
Please find time to let the children with yourselves on their own fill in what they can in their Learning Lens in their Student Planners to reflect on the previous week. The children know how to fill these in and what each box means. Please do come and ask if you have any questions.
We will be continuing to have PE on Mondays and Wednesdays, please ensure that all children have their full kit labelled in school at all times.
Have a lovely weekend,
Here you will find details of any weekly opportunities and the home learning menu. Remember that the children should be reading every day and recording this in their School Planners.
8 X 5 =
4 X 7 =
342 + 99 =
4 X 6 =
30 ÷ 2=
87 X 0 =
500 – 420 =
902 – 900=
637 + 158 =
17 + 707 =
Here is the reading menu for this term. They are for the children to work on at home and in school. If they complete a line or four corners, they get a bookmark/sticker and once they complete a full house they get to choose a book from Mrs Hard's special box. We ask parents to sign to show that they have completed the challenge.
We hope to encourage a wide reading diet and to support the children in reading daily and developing a good stamina for reading in order to complete the whole menu by Easter.