Welcome to Class 3
On our page you will find class and curriculum information as well as weekly learning reviews. Remember check every week for updates!
Class 3 Staff
Teacher: Miss Latter
Teaching Partner: Mrs Entwistle, Mrs Sharpe
To find out a bit more about life in year 3, please refer to the 'Meet the teacher' powerpoint below:
Welcome to Class 3!
WOW! I can’t believe we are at the end of Term 1, the children have all settled in so well and are amazing year 3s.
We have had another great week:
- In Maths, we have continued adding and subtracting 3-digit number, we have been using place value grids, counters, number lines and the column method.
- In English we have been reading our book, The Iron Man. We have created our own free verse poems which we have edited and redrafted neatly. We have a copy of all the children poems in our book corner for all the children to enjoy. They are really lovely and set the scene of when one of the main characters, Hogwart, first sets eyes on the Iron Giant.
- In topic, we have started learning about the Iron Age, that period of time and how it change how people lived at that time. We looked at artefacts and compared the homes, clothes and tools used in the Stone Age, Bronze Age and the Iron Age.
- In RE and PSHE we spoke about the significance of the rainbow and the promise in the story of Noah from the bible. We spoke about making bad decisions and accidents, what would we do next? How do we make a situation better? What promises we make and keep.
- We had our last Forest school session, it was very muddy for the children but they loved it. They made fires, dens, got muddy and roasted marshmallows.
- In Science, we looked at fossils, what they are and how they are made. We used magnifying glasses to look at the fossils in detail and see the differences between fossils made by plants and animals. We drew a copy of them and labelled the distinctive details which show us what they have been made from. The children loved being detectives.
Have a lovely and restful half term.
Here you will find details of any weekly opportunities and the home learning menu. Remember that the children should be reading every day and recording this in their School Planners.
No spellings for half term!
In Class 3, we have spelling tests on a Friday.
No Fluency for half term!
Here is the reading menu for this term. They are for the children to work on at home and in school. If they complete a line or four corners, they get a bookmark/sticker and once they complete a full house they get to choose a book from Mrs Hard's special box. We ask parents to sign to show that they have completed the challenge.
We hope to encourage a wide reading diet and to support the children in reading daily and developing a good stamina for reading in order to complete the whole menu by Christmas.