Welcome to Class 4
On our page you will find class and curriculum information. Remember check every week for updates!
To find out a little more about life in Year 4, please have a look at the 'Meet the teacher' presentation.
Class 4 Staff
Teacher - Miss Latter
Teaching Partners -Mrs Smith and Mrs Heaslewood
This week at school, it has been (quoted by a Child) “Awesome!”
This week we have:
- In English, we have recapped preposition as a part of our grammar lesson. Our main focus in English has been to write a sequel story to ‘Journey’ By Aaron Becker. We created plans, edited them and then started our first draft that we edited again and now we have started to write them up neatly with our own illustrations to go with the writing. We will finish this next week.
- In Maths, we have finished our hard work on decimals. We have been working on Hundredths as decimals, Hundredths on a place value grid and how to divide 1 or 2-digits by 100. Once again, we have smashed it!
- Once again we had a lovely time in the Forest. Next week we will have our second to last visit to the Forest. Please do wear bright and colourful clothes still.
- In Science we have continued looking at electricity. We constructed a simple series electrical circuit with a battery, and light bulb. We investigated a variety of materials to see whether they would conduct the electricity around the circuit to make the light bulb light up or if the material was an insulator and didn’t let the electricity flow through. We made our predictions first and then evaluated our findings. We found out that any metals, such as copper, iron and steel, are good electrical conductors and plastic, wood, glass and rubber are good electrical insulators.
- Bonjour! In French, we recapped our knowledge of our numbers to 100.
Go on Rockstars! https://ttrockstars.com/
https://login.mathletics.com I have set Mathletics for you, due next Friday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Next weeks spelling test will be on Wednesday.