Welcome to Class 4
On our page you will find class and curriculum information. Remember check every week for updates!
To find out a little more about life in Year 4, please have a look at the 'Meet the teacher' presentation.
Class 4 Staff
Teacher - Miss Latter
Teaching Partners -Mrs Smith and Mrs Heaslewood
Welcome back to the new term, the weather this week has been beautiful!
This week we have:
- In English, we started reading The Wild Robot by Peter Brown again. We read the first four chapters last term alongside our Geography lessons. This term it will be our focus text in English. We learnt that in the story there are robots that have sunk to the bottom of the ocean, apart from one that landed on the rocks unbroken. In class, we designed our own robots and then role-played persuasive speeches to get people to buy our robots for a purpose before writing these speeches up.
- In Maths, we have continued to work hard on our fraction knowledge. We have been adding and subtracting fractions within 1 and with improper and mixed fractions with the same denominator.
- In Science, we are continuing to learn about Living things and their habitats. This week we looked at classification and how living things can be divided into groups or 'classified' by looking at the similarities and differences between them. We classified animals into groups (fish, birds, reptiles, amphibians and mammals) based on shared characteristics that they had.
- In Geography, we worked on our map skills by using a 4-point compass; we started to use letter/no. co-ordinates to locate features on a map of the United Kingdom and the world map.
- In our PSHCE lesson, we recapped our knowledge of staying safe online. We had a discussion and then created a symbol key with an explanation of key parts of being safe online; including; using a computer safely, passwords, personal information, cyberbullying, photo consent and advice.
- In IT, we started working on coding; we took a quiz and reflected on what we already knew. We then focused on the different vocabulary used when coding and what it means before having a go.
- In our ukulele lesson this week, we continued learning Shotgun by George Ezra. Mr Barnett and I are impressed with how quickly the children are mastering the chords./docs/SHOTGUN.pdf
This Term we will have PE on Tuesday and Fridays; please ensure that your children have a full-labelled PE kit in on these days.
https://login.mathletics.com/ I have set Mathletics for you, due next Friday.
Do not forget to continue to be my amazing Rockstars. https://play.ttrockstars.com/
The children have ukulele on a Thursday; they must bring theirs in every Thursday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Spelling tests are on Fridays.