Welcome to Class 5!
Class teacher - Mr Johnson
Teaching Partners - Miss Warwood, Mrs Wraige and Mrs Smith
Meet the Teacher
Learning Lens 25th November 2022
What a lovely week in Year 5! And... there's only 1 month until CHRISTMAS!!
- In English, we finished reading our book and moved on to a world cup themed week in English. We started the week with a world cup sweepstake and then we spent some time researching the countries we picked. We wrote a fact file on our countries. Year 5 had a lovely week learning all about different countries.
- In Maths, we carried on learning about fractions; we practised ordering and comparing fractions greater than 1 and how we can find common numerators and denominators of non-unit and improper fractions.
- In History, we learnt about evacuees and discussed the positive and negative impact evacuees had on our local area. We then made postcards in role as a WW2 evacuee.
- In PE, we had our fourth swimming lesson and year 5 were fantastic!!
- In RE, we started to learn our song for our Christmas performance - we can't wait for you to hear it! We also chose parts for our acting phase of the Christmas performance. Year 5 are sounding fantastic so far.
- In PSHE, we learnt about the land of the red people and how we can show respect to others from different faiths, cultures and religions.
Have a fab weekend!
Mr Johnson, Miss Warwood, Mrs Smith and Mrs Wraige
- https://login.mathletics.com/ - You will find work has been set to consolidate the learning that has been happening in class.
- Do not forget to get rocking and use https://play.ttrockstars.com/ It is a fantastic way to learn all the Times Tables.
Next week's phonics/spelling is focusing on the 'oe' sound